Strollers are considered to be every parent’s best friend when it comes to keeping your baby safe and comfortable. With the popularity of strollers growing every day, baby shops and other local retail stores have seen parents flocking with excitement to try and choose the best units that will suit their needs.
Why are strollers becoming so popular nowadays and what’s making them so special as compared to carrying your child with a baby carrier? Although there are varying opinions regarding this fact, let me say that strollers play a vital role in ensuring that you have fun while jogging or strolling outdoors whether in the shopping mall or across the neighborhood.
When shopping for a baby stroller, it’s good to understand that there are different types of strollers available in the market. Just to mention a few, there are lightweight strollers, standard strollers, jogging strollers and travel system strollers.
With all these stroller models being present in the market, of course it will be overwhelming for any enthusiast parent to choose the perfect stroller for his baby.
To relieve you from all these hassles, we have opted to compare two of the most popular and highly bought stroller models in the market to give you an explicit understanding before making your purchase. These strollers include Jogging Strollers and Travel System Strollers.
Jogging strollers are the first class of strollers that are specifically designed for active parents who enjoy everyday strolling. These strollers are sportier and are intended for parents who enjoy jogging/running to maintain their shape.
Jogging strollers are light, compact and come with specific features which include; a storage compartment below the seat, a child/parent tray to keep your drinks and maybe a pair of in-built speakers to keep you captivated when strolling. One thing you need to keep in mind though is that jogging strollers are not recommended for infants below 6 months.
Advantages of jogging strollers
- Jogging strollers are designed in a special way where they allow you to jog or run while pushing your baby without interfering with maneuverability or stability.
- These strollers are designed with quality suspensions, a 5-point harness and adjustable handlebars to keep your baby as safe and as comfortable as possible.
- These strollers are more durable as compared to other models.
- These strollers are easy to fold with just one hand and are convenient for busy parents.
Are there any downsides?
- The first setback with jogging strollers is that they’re more expensive as compared to travel system strollers.
- Secondly, jogging strollers are not recommended for infants below 6 months.
- Lastly, most jogging strollers don’t have seats that recline.
Travel system strollers
The next type of strollers we’re going to compare are travel system strollers. Also known as regular strollers, these models usually come with an adjustable handlebar for tall or short parents, a storage compartment, a large canopy and a light weight that makes it easier for you to fold or unfold.
Travel system strollers are designed for parents who enjoy strolling down the street, around the park or inside the shopping mall. These strollers have small compact tires for stability and come with a dedicated infant car seat to make it easier for you to transfer your baby from the car to the stroller or vice-versa without any problems.
Travel system strollers come with a child/parent tray where one can keep some snacks or drinks to eat/drink while strolling. At the back of the seat, there is a parent storage area where parents can store their phones, iPods, wallets or car keys for easy access. The seats of such strollers come with multiple reclining capabilities to boost your child’s comfort when strolling.
Advantages of travel system strollers
- Travel system strollers come with a dedicated car seat that fits perfectly well both on the stroller and in the car. This benefit allows parents to transfer their babies without waking them up or disturbing their comfort.
- Another benefit with these strollers is that they’re long lasting. Although the car seat holds infants up to a maximum weight of 30 pounds, this stroller is quite versatile and allows you to connect a bigger car seat that will suit a bigger baby.
- Designed with smaller tires as compared to jogging strollers, these baby stroller models are considered to be stable and highly maneuverable.
Are there any downsides?
- Travel system strollers are heavier than jogging strollers. They’re therefore unsuitable to use on dirt or gravel roads.
- These strollers are not suitable for long distances.
- These strollers are not as durable as jogging strollers.
Now that you have some basic ideas of what you should look for when buying a stroller, I would like to mention some key features which are important to remember.
First, check the size of the canopy and whether it’s removable or not, whether the stroller has a 5-point harness, the price and finally some pros and cons. With that being said, I believe that you’ll be able to find the best stroller for your baby depending on your preference.